Saturday, April 27, 2013

things i realize from the past 2 months

1. @ friends. So it seems like I/we lost a "friend" again. the "friend" who no longer cares enough to reply to you.& if  so, then we were never truly "friends"to begin with or somewhere along the way, the "friend" has decided to drop out.

Aquarians tend to take "friendships" too seriously. But, what can I do... i am born like that !! It wont Kill me, but the way I view "friendships"and the standards that I have innately for "friendships" may be too high to be "average/normal".... but never mind about me! Life still goes on brilliantly!

2. @ work Randomly, I suddenly remember a statement I used to make- " I never want to be in B2B again!". And look where I am again today, now!!

Isnt life amazing? I am b2b and thoroughly enjoying it. Maybe coz this is a special b2b.

AMAAAAAZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG.

Now that my neighbortheannoyingorange is whiner... can whine 15min non stop about the inconvenience of a  heavy downpour during a lunch/can whine about PRC/"heavy"work load..... I feel like I need to be thankful for whatever life has given me. I DONT HAVE MUCH TO WHINE ABOUT.

People think the marketing dpt is the least-stressed department in TIS. i aint about to go rebut this statement or a simply the opinion of the unenlightened who hasnt been in your shoes.

Everyone has stress even the person who empties the rubbish bin. but i feel that when you are good at what you are doing, you are able to go with the flow and do what is required or even go beyond and make things better. When you are good at what you are doing... stress becomes the motivational factor to do better than before. It is the good stress that everyone needs. So i will strive to be good at what I am doing.

I also believe- do or don't do. There is no try.

3. @ Travel and fun. I had fun discussing with pehli what 1000SGD can get in USA-outlets. maybe 1 tiffany bracelet, 2 kate spade tote bags, 10 pcs of street labels clothes and I will be carting as many personal care stuff as possible from the supermarkets to put into the empty luggage. Both of us have small appetite, so we will buy & share one portion of whatever and be full and maximise our spending $ this way!

My latest wild idea that I wanna propose to my boss, is that I wanna intern at my USA office for a week! or really just a day, please. My plan: after my 10day tour, I will extend 5 days in NY and spend some time at TAKUS! i will pay for everything except- can the company kindly sponsor me 5 day of lodging?>> 600-800 SGD worth.  

and why should the company do this? Because when one person gains additional exposure in knowing how the other part of the world works, the inspiration & insights generated will add the creativity and depth needed in my course of work. Especially I am in charge of Fine Fragrance category. Shouldn't I know how first hand our FF office works, so that I can explain to our customers how we work, globally, with conviction???

OKKKKKKKKKK.... i will keep dreaming. I KNOW reality.