Saturday, January 03, 2009

bad service and feelin old

so why do i keep bumping into bad service??? maybe i can turn this blog into a records of bad service encounters. though i understand of course the number of people who renders good service outweighs the black sheep.

often i dont understand why do i not retaliate and just become angry and shout @ those ppl who are rude to me when they are paid for being nice. i just keep my silence and fume silently inside. madness!!!! this has lead to my first resolution of 2009 - NEVER BE A NICE CUSTOMER WHO GETS BULLIED... EVER AGAIN!

it is not me who feel the same way. if it was only me maybe i am the one who is the meanie, but my friends feel this way and ask why did i endure their rudeness!!!!

good question. why did I???? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

i will never forget that rude salesgirl in bugis level 2.

and that restaurant manager in pastamania bugis.

all righty- i dont look forward to 2009 and yet it is already here. it like, my best peeps just celebrated 21st and yet i will be 22 in less than one single month ;( and i will never get over it. lucky i have an older older bf.)

but as i grow older and work longer- i do feel more empowered. i earn my own keep and know what are my rights (esp towards those in the service line). getting older does make you wiser. even if it is only a perception.

looking back, 2008 was a year of opportunities. it seemed as though it was yesterday when i went to work as a coordinator and worked under 2 managers.

i had never ever entertained the thought that the dpt would reshuffle and they will convert me into perm position and PROMOTE me at that.

i had never imagine i would be discussing and planning the strategies and objectives for a brand much less MY brand.

sometimes i am really excited by my job scope. sometimes it is just plain scary and overwhelming cause it is so easy to fall below expectations just by virture i am forgetful and BLUR.

i would think ... while i am scared of 2009 - i will be facing it heads-on. now i realize how hard is it to be a brave little girl in a humongous mad world.