Saturday, June 22, 2013

First TIS BKK Business Trip

There is always some form of special meaning to the first... anything. Extra nervous, extra excited. Everything is new and eye-opening and never knowing what to expect, how to anticipate. A 100% Greenhorn.

The 7.40am flight which Uncle Pat drove me to Airport with his part time stint as taxi driver. I almost thought he was giving a lift to a good ole excolleague- I didnt think of paying him, seriously.

Anyway, for the 2 presentations that I prepared for, none was a presentation worth remembering cause I couldn't engaged the audience with limited time and limited english. AND the thing is, R&D people dont care about my marketing concepts that much compared to the actual fragrance proposals. Stories are good to have and I felt I was just going thru the motions, the stories werent getting insides the heads.

But I dont think that is my problem cause my boss didnt feedback anything negative to me. I'm happy that she didnt. I absolutely believe that no news is good news. HAHAAH.

Our personal time after work, was precious. The personal time after work I had, I couldnt relax and enjoy thoroughly. At the back of mind, I worried about my next presentation. I couldnt let go and and just drink... I thought I need to do everything as fast as possible so that I can be well rested for a presentation.

Anyway, thank the stars above for my nice excolleague-host. Hosted dinner @ Siam. Hosted a beer @ Asiatique. It has been about 5 years since we worked together; sometimes one have to be thick skin to ask to be hosted. hahahah.

Gorgeous renovated warehouse turned conceptual vintage market place located next to the chao praya river: It is like clark quay except  with much bigger river and breeze and space, vintage decor and small ferries wheel.

                                   

Me & host: He is a jolly good fellow- no language barrier, no uncomfortable silence, just with the friendly thai hospitality.
.

I told my boss that the key difference between a business trip  ( even if its just a 36Hour trip, really) and a vacation trip is that you cant wait for the biz trip to end and you NEVER want a vacation trip to end too fast. Is that true or not? And the tiredness you feel after a biz trip is different from a vacation, cause seriously, I really just could NOT relax until the meetings are over. How to relax, with the boss next to you, where your every action represent your potential and could be evaluated?

& this milestone is over in a blink of an eye... it is good to start off the way I did, with the smaller clients and more bo chap customers, cause it builds self confidence.  I learnt that I need to prepare but I really dun need to over prepare. Go with the flow & think on your feet. Treat my audience as sillies cause the self confidence is really important to have an aura in your presentation. Rest well drink lots of water, cause I didnt and by the second day, my voice was a little hoarse.

Next key event? ? NATAS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!