Wednesday, October 29, 2008

success

today i could laugh and smile and joke loudly and carefreely.

yesterday i could not.

yesterday, everyone had worries and fears about me not up to the standard as an engaging presenter to 100 store managers. my boss could tell that i was presenting for the sake for presenting. i was finding premiums , half past six premiums, for the sake of finding premiums.

yes , she is right. i had no heart in doing those things and it was unprofessional of me. if i did not have the passion, i am not a true marketer yet, in her opinion.

well, the truth is... i didnt ask for any opinion!!!! haha. just kidding. but anyway. her opinion didnt stung me. in the end, much like my friend, my work is just a financial transaction in return for my work done. yes, to some extent, i have passion for my work. if not i will not stay pass six to finish up things just cause you say so. if not, i would not been stressed abt stupid visuals and stupid strip ads.

but, back to the store managers meeting, which every1 was feeling jittery about. it was like a make-or-break session , coz this is the first contact point the store managers would have with our brand.

i guess, we had a good start. we gave them drinks, large bottles of not-cheap smoothie at that. they must have felt pleasantly surprised. I had every1's full attention and appreciation, i guess. hahahahaha.

to present and to engage, just flows naturally from me. yes, i was being tested on situational improvising becoz the flow of the presentation had to change due to the crowd response. guess i did well enough since no one commented anything negatively. i passed with flyin colors! my GM says next time got any similar shd sent me...eh...?!

what does this proves?

i can do it if i want to. so there! keep being positive!!!!

but i could never did it "well" , if my boss never spend some time, half a day in fact, to train me. i owe her loads!!!!!

i have pictures too!!!! just not here with me right now.;)