Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fish &Chix and Riders' Cafe

i found a substitute for botak jones & ashtons! good when you dont feel like queueing. it is situated next to Sembawang Shopping Centre , good for me :D

It is afforadable, maybe a little less than Botok/Astons even. BF ordered Fish n Chips thinking it is the signature dish- it must be good. But it is ... not! Not as good as the grilled fish. Although the portion is good; the tase is crispy/fresh but just generally OK. The grilled fish is reallllly nice. nicer than Aston cause it is chunkier and juicier and sweeet. I gobbled it down in about 6 bites.
On a Saturday Morning, i.e. today, we woke up early to go Riders Cafe. It is nothing unique except it has horses walking past it. erm. because it is located at the Saddle Club. I was curious to experience it for myself after hearing colleagues mention it. hurhur. So i force BF to bring me there.


Ice Mocha was good; the sweet was just nice for me. Riders breakfast was good too. a tad expensive (for us)- but luckily the beans arent those kind from the cans. hurhur.

We had balcony seats which gave us an alternate view of the surroundings but we were baking under the sun too (despite the shades). kinda. esp when the clouds are not around.
I like their pancakes. it makes the Mac Hotcakes taste ... like flour in comparision. It is more fluffy and richer in taste. I guess you just gotta pay more for better stuff.


It is all about experiencing. So I guess I won't be going there again, not deliberately anyway. I had to make a reservation for today cause the last time I went there for breakfast- it was full and the next slot was 45 min later!

I do like the atmosphere. Very good to chill out and for a momemt, you almost dont think you are in Spore cause you are tucked away from the city.

After breakfast... we made a deliberate trip to buy muffins. hurhurhurhur. cause there is no other good time to buy muffins on the way/by the way. they operate 5.5 days just like office hours!!!!!
*drools*
Note to self= 6 more weeks before I can depart for HK. I just can't wait to break the routine of office life.