Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jap Food & Rochor Beancurd

Spent 8 hours in Universal Studio with colleagues as part of a team outing. Didnt get on all the rides. It was too hot. It made me miss Japan. :C
AFter that, went to Tonkichi at Suntec. First time there! was for there for a birthday dinner... We ordered A LOT of food cause we were so hungry... it was so late by the time we finally meet for dinner. is 8pm late? We are so poor things- keep complaining of being tired n hungry.

The Sashimi does look very appertising!


Forgot the proper name of this fried dish but it really was very well done. crispy & juicy- must try! Fried cutlets are their specialty.

We did have a lot of leftover. I ordered Soba & found the taste quite refreshing. The chawanmushi was a supposedly popular dish but we didnt like it alot. Ramen was good- the soup made it extra so. :D fried squid was too salty. generally a place which has hits & misses for us.
Prob wont got there again... hurhur.
Went to do my nails in JB. love the nude color! Did it partly coz we had a media event coming up & just want to be extra groomed for it. hurhur.



Took this nostagic photo @ King Albert Park. My appetite has definitely increased. I can finished the entire BBF (big break fast) NOW. erm. what is wrong with me?


I discovered I love Rochor Beancurd & its youtiao but dont like the grass jelly & I love the Selegie grass jelly but dont like its beancurd as much. Rochor youtiao makes a delicacy out of he flour and dough. so crispy, fragrant and yet not tooo oily.We deliberately went on a Sunday afternoon. hurhuhur.
Life is nvr perfect and we just gotta live with the imperfections, right? I worry about all the imperfections that I had created all the time, almost. I am ashamed that I created those imperfections... yah. i am taking about my screwups at work. the more screwups I have, the more i become insecure about my capabilities & the more stressed I become!
A vicious cycle. I just feel lousy... &... I think I shall practise mediating. thank god that i have a ever steady rock with me.