Sunday, December 30, 2007

emotional vultures

I will always remember Mr. Peter Tan. He was good in what he does- motivating people. He was a damm good motivational speaker who injected humour in all his sentences , who made quiet people share their laughter and shy people talk about themselves. I happened to sit through his talk while interning at MCIS.


I signed up to be in his mailing list for his monthly self-help article after his talk at his open invitation. This is one of the smarter decisions I made- he gives great advice through his articles at a FOC rate!

This December, he had written an article about vultures. The vultures who feast upon carcass, who can fly despite being so heavy-bodied and also the emotional vultures that sometimes circle us endlessly, eroding our self esteem and confidence.

I can relate to that whole-heartedly. These emotional vultures are born from our past negative experiences... which we never truly forgive and remember. I can't forgive myself for messing up simple tasks. I felt shame for not executing a simple thing perfectly...

Anyway, anyhow, the stars above had blessed me with six weeks of holiday after yet another unexpected experience at the bank. Never did I expect myself to be free from the work stress and even school stress for more than a weekend.

I had a great time doing nothing for six weeks and that's 42 days!! Ha. It's been a carefree time, just hanging out with my friends and loved ones and only doing things which i love to do (which unfortunately mainly included stoning and sleeping.) I had no nightmares about anything whatsoever. (Okay, perhaps besides a concern about my pending grades.)

It is really time to forgive and remember the past mistakes, the past can only make you and me a better person. 365 days of a year will be gone yet again and just by adopting this attitude, it will ensure that everything that happened this year has not gone to waste.

Did I achieve something?

Yes, I did.

And I am sure that there can only be better things to come. I really want to increase level of positivity and chase aways those emotional vultures.

As he said in his article "Let go of your bitterness, bury it and quit talking about it, and the vultures will stay no more!"